Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gaël Oberson <go...@swissonline.ch> on 2001/04/17 16:14:22 UTC

WAR deployment

RE: Servlet Chaining...

Does anybody know where I can find information about the WAR files?? I know
that these files are used to deploy a WEB Application, where all files
.class and config files are packaged, but I don't have any idea how to build
it.

Can somebody help me??

Thanks.

Re: WAR deployment

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
Thrid party libs and the like should be in WEB-INF\lib. Tomcats classloader
will automatically pick up and load these jars.
Your webapps classes should indeed be in WEB-INF\classes.

sam
Posted by Benoît Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.
The lib files have to placed in the war/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Anyway, check the email from Julien Timothy, sent some minutes ago.

Benoît

Re: WAR deployment

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.

RE: WAR deployment

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
Try downloading ant (at jakarta-apache) - it'll build one for you
semi-automatically. You'll need to play around a little to get it to work,
not because it's faulty but rather to set up your build.xml files correctly.

Examples
Assume the following structure in the project's base directory:

thirdparty/libs/jdbc1.jar
thirdparty/libs/jdbc2.jar
build/main/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
src/metadata/myapp.xml
src/html/myapp/index.html
src/jsp/myapp/front.jsp
src/graphics/images/gifs/small/logo.gif
src/graphics/images/gifs/large/logo.gif

then the war file myapp.war created with
<war warfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
   <fileset dir="src/html/myapp"/>
   <fileset dir="src/jsp/myapp"/>
   <lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
     <exclude name="jdbc1.jar"/>
   </lib>
   <classes dir="build/main"/>
   <zipfileset dir="src/graphics/images/gifs"
               prefix="images"/>
</war>
will consist of
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/jdbc2.jar
WEB-INF/classes/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
index.html
front.jsp
images/small/logo.gif
images/large/logo.gif
using Ant's default manifest

HTH,
Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: jchees@msl.es - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360

RE: WAR deployment

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Go to

http://www.javaexchange.com/

and download the DbConnectionBroker class. It includes examples in the
documentation.

--jeff

RE: WAR deployment

Posted by Gaël Oberson <go...@swissonline.ch>.
Yes Benoit, but in the .war file, you include the web.xml config file too.
Does the jar tool accept the web.xml file and some packages subdirectories
??

War file can be build like Jar file... Just name the file my_file.war
instead of my_file.jar when you use the jar utility to build it.

Benoît

RE: WAR deployment

Posted by Benoît Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.