Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Basu Chaudhuri <bc...@blueorigin.com> on 2010/07/07 18:34:20 UTC

Non-cygwin build of thrift runtime libraries on Windows.

I have been trying to build the thrift runtime libraries under MinGW. I followed the instructions on http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftInstallationWin32. I was wondering what the environment was for the MinGW build (e.g. can it be run from a cygwin bash shell, or do I need some other shell). Also, some of the headers (e.g. netinet/in.h, pthread.h, etc.) are not available for MinGW, so how do I deal with those?

Thanks
Basu