Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ravi Sundaar <rs...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/25 15:10:25 UTC

Does POI work in solaris and Unix environments (Linux)

Does POI (Excel) work only in the windows environment? Can I use POI to parse and manipulate excel files in the Unix (solaris) environment?

Thanks,
Ravi.
Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008

AW: Does POI work in solaris and Unix environments (Linux)

Posted by Karl-Heinz Zengerle <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hello Rava.

Due to Java it works on any platform where the platform independent Java
works.

So it's a clear yes.

Regads,	Karl-Heinz.