Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Manukyan, Sergey" <SM...@lear.com> on 2006/01/20 21:46:11 UTC

exception in JDBC driver

Hi Everybody,

We upgraded to 1.0.4 and using JT400-4.4 JDBC driver for AS400 data
source.

See now our JDBC driver throwing exceptions when OJB askes him for field
named "OJB_CLAZZ", that the result set doesn't have, and it happens for
every row.

Is it possible to avoid OJB to check for this field from result set?

-Sergey

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Manukyan, Sergey wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> We upgraded to 1.0.4 and using JT400-4.4 JDBC driver for AS400 data
>> source.
>>
>> See now our JDBC driver throwing exceptions when OJB askes him for field
>> named "OJB_CLAZZ", that the result set doesn't have, and it happens for
>> every row.
>>
>> Is it possible to avoid OJB to check for this field from result set?
>>

> First, thanks much! This was an important hint to unravel the mystery of
> slowdown of query performance between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4.
>
> Currently OJB checks each row of a result set for this column. The check
> was needed to resolve real class names when inheritance was used.
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/advanced-technique.html#Mapping+Each+Subclass+to+a+Distinct+Table+%28table+per+subclass%29
>

> I will check in a improved version tomorrow. This version will only ask
> for the column when it really exists, thus no exceptions should occur.

It's fixed in SVN OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch.

regards,
Armin

Re: exception in JDBC driver

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.