Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/10/25 13:08:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.3.0-alpha

Hi all,

Since the previous 0.2.1-alpha ozone release more than 170 patches have
been  committed to the apache trunk under hadoop-ozone/hadoop-hdds
subprojects.

The 0.3.0-alpha release carries an S3 compatible rest server. This
allows S3 applications to work against Ozone with zero-changes. The
first phase of the implementation is done and it has been tested with
various s3 tools such as aws s3 cli and s3 fuse driver.

Stability and usability have also significantly improved due to testing
using hive/spark applications.

The community had agreed to separate the ozone/hadoop release lifecycle
to make it possible to create more frequent ozone releases, So I propose
to release the next ozone version (0.3.0-alpha) in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Marton

PS: The Ozone release plan is available from the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Road+Map

PPS: We have regular community calls for informal ozone related discussions:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

Please join if you are interested, have questions etc.