Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/04 05:48:46 UTC

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)

Hi Marnie and Aidan,

   -  After finishing implementation to support all the MBeans which are
   already instruemented in the broker with list command I tried to expose some
   more objects which are not already registered.While I'm trying to do that I
   realized that I should go through the qpid code and started on reading qpid
   java broker source code.Tried to import Qpid Java broker on to Intellij Idea
   because I wanted to debug the broker, with the help from the mailing list I
   was able run the broker successfully on Intellij Idea and I bloged about
   that in my blog<http://lahirumanaya.blogspot.com/2008/06/import-apache-qpid-in-to-intellij-idea.html>.I
   was informed that there's not much usefulness of monitoring Publisher and
   Subscriber by Martin and Aidan so I start on concentrating on Connection
   Object.(y Somehow I will try instrument those two objects too )
   -  I was able to add the Connection object type to monitor using list
   command. Martin helped me to figure this out since although that was
   instrument on the broker it was not displayed in Jconsole. I have tested the
   list command implementation for Connection object by running some samples
   and it works fine.
   - With the instruction from Aidan I started on writing Test cases to all
   the possible methods in the current code.I have finish writing test cases
   for almost all the methods.(Aidan please have a look in to my test cases)
   - Change the build of the project in to more easier way.Now user doesn't
   need to set classpath or anything other than QPID_CLI environment
   variable.Added another target to ant script to build test.(Still working on
   running test cases using Ant at the moment Test cases can be run using an
   IDE)
   - As Aidan asked about releasing the CLI I have added another ant target
   in order to create a jar for the project and now working releasing the
   CLI.Following thing have to be done before releasing the CLI.
   - Implement --help option for list command.
   - Add some more details about the product in to README file.

Please inform me what else to do before releasing the CLI.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Lahiru

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 10:10 AM, lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry.I haven't implement info command. I'm suspicious on how user
> specify particular object with info command. Do you want me to implement
> this before releasing 0.1 or not.I will start implementing help command and
> --help option for list command.

No, I don't think you need to do that for 0.1, I was just using it as
an example. Sorry for the confusion!
The helps are the important one, once those are done I'd get it out ASAP :)

- Aidan

http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aidan,

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marnie,

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Marnie McCormack <
marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> Thanks for your status update, very useful.

You are welcome.

> Your progress is very encouraging, and I'm pleased to see that you have
> been
> getting on well working with Aidan & Martin. You've overcome some
> obstacles,
> and great to see such persistence !
>
> I think a useful next step would be a wiki page which says - here's how to
> run the CLI (including a how-to-build/install) which coul dbe used by the
> Qpid dev community to look at it (ultimately) and we three mentors could
> try
> out ? What do you think ?

Thanks Marnie for the reply :-)

Re: Fortnight report (week 5-6)