Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/01/27 06:50:43 UTC

How to run UT and IT in Kylin 2.0 above

Hi community,

>From Kylin 2.0 you can run UT, IT and environment provision for IT
separately.
Running "mvn verify -Dhdp.version=2.2.4.2-2"  (assume you're on your
sandbox) is all you need to run a complete all the test cases

It will execute the following steps sequentially:
1. Build Artifacts
2. Run all UTs (takes few minutes)
3. Provision the sandbox environment for IT (takes 1~3 hours)
4. Run all ITs (takes few tens of minutes)
5. verify jar stuff

If your code change is minor and it merely requires running UT, use:

mvn test

If your sandbox is already provisioned and your code change will not affect
the result of sandbox provision, (and you don't want to wait hours of
provision) just run the following commands to separately run UT and IT:

mvn test
mvn failsafe:integration-test

More About Provision Step:
Environment provision is indeed running kylin cubing jobs to prepare
example cubes in the sandbox. These prepared cubes will be used by the ITs.
Currently provision step is bound with the maven pre-integration-test
phase, and it contains running BuildCubeWithEngine (HBase
required), BuildCubeWithStream(Kafka required) and BuildIIWithStream(Kafka
Required). You can run the mvn commands on you sandbox or your develop
computer. For the latter case you need to
set kylin.job.run.as.remote.cmd=true in
 $KYLIN_HOME/examples/test_case_data/sandbox/kylin.properties. Try
appending -DfastBuildMode=true to mvn verify command to speed up provision
by skipping incremental cubing.

*Will update the above information to our website when 2.0 is released*

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
Apache Kylin: http://kylin.io
Github: https://github.com/binmahone

Re: How to run UT and IT in Kylin 2.0 above

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
This is very helpful; Thank you, Hongbin!

Shaofeng Shi

Re: How to run UT and IT in Kylin 2.0 above

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hongbin,