Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by malepati <ku...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 22:56:37 UTC

retriving old dependencies instead of latest

Hi,
I got a very strange error today.
Before i tell the error here is my environment:
1) Subversion 1.6
2) Java JDK 1.6
3) ANT 1.7.1
4) Ivy

Error:
1) I checkout repository from  http://subversion/repositories/module1/trunk/
to my working copy c:/workincopy/module1
2) I run ant command.
3) the out put i expected is to get all the dependencies from
http://ivy:8090/archiva/repository/dependencies/project1/ and store into
c:/workincopy/module1/build/lib folder and use these dependencies while
compiling and executing build.
4) As logically all dependencies are downloading to
c:/workincopy/module1/build/lib folder, but unfortunately two dependencies
are downloading the older versions of dependencies.

I rechecked all the dependencies in
http://ivy:8090/archiva/repository/dependencies/project1/ and all are latest
one and there are no alternative versions in the dependency repository.

can some one share their views.

--Kumar.

AW: AW: retriving old dependencies instead of latest

Posted by "Laun Thomas (CI/TMP)" <Th...@de.bosch.com>.
Hello Kumar,

Deleting the cache every time was the simplest workaround for me. But I do not delete the entire cache, only the directory that contains the artifacts that might change. In my case this is just the com.bosch directory. With all other artifacts I do not have a problem so I can keep them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Laun

Robert Bosch GmbH
Telemedicine Platform  (CI/TMP)
Postfach 11 27
71301 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch.com

Tel. +49 (711) 811-3607689
PC-Fax +49 (711) 811-51849753
thomas.laun@de.bosch.com

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried Dais;
Bernd Bohr, Rudolf Colm, Volkmar Denner, Gerhard Kümmel, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks,
Peter Tyroller; Uwe Raschke

Posted by malepati <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mr.Laun,