Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sylkaalex <sy...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/29 15:32:58 UTC

Search most common phrases by part of phrase

I have not trivial task and want to understand if Solr is right instrument to
solve it . Simplified example: i have search field on my site for searching
by product description. and next descriptions in mysql db:
Id  Desc
1   this is my test document number one. also checking search within
phrases.
2   this is my test document number two
3   this is another group
4   this is first group
5   this is first test
6   this is your test

When user type some text in search field ex. "is" he should get next
results(top three phrases which contains "is"):
"this is", "is my", "is first".

Is someone has any ideas how to do that ?

Re: Search most common phrases by part of phrase

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sylkaalex,

Sounds like auto-complete stuff.
http://blog.trifork.com/2012/02/15/different-ways-to-make-auto-suggestions-with-solr/