Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2005/12/20 07:54:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons FileUpload 1.1

While the vote on Release Candidate 1 passed, I have taken the time to clean
up all of the minor issues reported against that candidate build, and to
modify the jar manifest to adhere to recently discussed Commons conventions.

This vote, therefore, is on whether or not the FileUpload 1.1-RC2 build is
ready to become the official FileUpload 1.1 release.

The distributions for FileUpload 1.1 Release Candidate 2 are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~martinc/fileupload/v1.1-rc2/dist/<http://people.apache.org/%7Emartinc/fileupload/v1.1-rc1/dist/>

and the updated web site is here:

http://people.apache.org/~martinc/fileupload/v1.1-rc2/site/<http://people.apache.org/%7Emartinc/fileupload/v1.1-rc1/site/>

------------------------------ --------------------------
[ ] +1  Release Commons FileUpload 1.1-RC2 as Commons FileUpload 1.1
[ ] +0  not too fussed, but OK
[ ] -0  won't block, but think imperfect
[ ] -1  not until xxx is fixed

Here's my own +1.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons FileUpload 1.1

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1..

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 09:09 -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 12/21/05, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > hi martin
> >
> > does fileupload required 1.4 JDK or higher?
>

> From project.properties:
>
> maven.compile.source=1.3
> maven.compile.target=1.3

just checking since the MANIFEST says built with 1.4.2_07. (there can be
issues running 1.4 code on a 1.3 JVM unless the bootclasspath is set
right.)

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons FileUpload 1.1

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> hi martin
>
> does fileupload required 1.4 JDK or higher?

>From project.properties:

maven.compile.source=1.3
maven.compile.target=1.3

--
Martin Cooper

(probably the minimum JDK is probably something we should start adding

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi martin

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
------------------------------ --------------------------
[X] +1  Release Commons FileUpload 1.1-RC2 as Commons FileUpload 1.1
[ ] +0  not too fussed, but OK
[ ] -0  won't block, but think imperfect
[ ] -1  not until xxx is fixed

The only comments I have are a couple of reminders when you cut the release:

1) Same comment I made on RC1 -  IMO it would be worth mentioning the new
Commons IO dependency in the official announcement.

2) Fileupload's home/index page will need changing to refer to version 1.1
in the "downloading" section.

Niall