Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by SaiKeerthi Prathipati <Sa...@ey.com> on 2022/11/24 13:41:07 UTC

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset - for API call

Hi Team,

I am facing "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" when I am trying to hit a API call from JMeter. Attaching the error in this mail.

The same API call is working in the postman tool in same machine. Kindly do the needful.

Thanks &Regards,
Sai Keerthi Prathipati | Contractor - EY Technology | QA Hyderabad - LTI India
Mobile: | Email: saikeerthi.prathipati@ey.com
Website: http://www.ey.com
Upcoming Leave Plans :
Upcoming Holidays:

Any tax advice in this e-mail should be considered in the context of the tax services we are providing to you. Preliminary tax advice should not be relied upon and may be insufficient for penalty protection.
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Notice required by law: This e-mail may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under U.S. law, if its primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. You may choose not to receive advertising and promotional messages from Ernst & Young LLP (except for My EY, which tracks e-mail preferences through a separate process) at this e-mail address by opting out of emails through EY’s Email Preference Center<https://www.ey.com/en_us/email-preference-center>. Our principal postal address is One Manhattan West, New York, NY 10001. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP

Re: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset - for API call

Posted by Dmitri T <gl...@live.com>.
Most probably there is something wrong with JMeter's SSL configuration,
i.e. SSL protocol or version mismatch.

Add the next line to /system.properties/ file
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/jmeter-properties-customization> (lives
in "bin" folder of your JMeter installation)

javax.net.debug=all

and restart JMeter to pick the property up. Next time you run the
request in JMeter you should see a lot of SSL-related information in the
console and from there you should be able to figure out what's wrong.

More information: Debugging SSL/TLS Connections
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html>