Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Kyle W. Cartmell" <ky...@firstfinance.org> on 2006/02/01 00:11:16 UTC

RE: server closes connection when receiving message larger than ~8MB

> And, yes Stefano, I just reproduced a similar problem where the packet
size
> was too small for the allowed message size.  I increased my message size
> without doing the same in /etc/my.cnf.

I have modified my.cnf to match my-huge.cnf more closely, and I changed
max_allowed_packet to 100M. Everything still flies about as well as it did
before the change, but I have seen no difference in behavior towards > 8MB
files.

Noel, which specific settings apply to this situation as you understand it?

(Thank you once again!)

Kyle W. Cartmell
Sr. Software Developer
LAP Holdings, LLC dba First Finance