Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Xinjun Chen <xj...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 15:31:25 UTC

WSS4J Interoperability with .NET WSE 2.0

I believe some of you in this mail list have ever got some interoperability
problem between WSS4J and .NET. I stumble over this problem for quite a few
days.

My client uses WSS4J 1.5.0 and consumes a remote .NET web service. The WSE
version is 2.0 SP3. The .NET web service requires X509Certificate Signature.

Could anyone remind me any special care I need to take?
In fact I have some question on setting KeyIdentifierType. What
KeyIdentifierType I should set in order to interoperate with .NET? I have
tried all four kinds of KeyIdentifierType setting, i.e.,
WSConstants.BST_DIRECT_REFERENCE, ISSUER_SERIAL, X509_KEY_IDENTIFIER,
SKI_KEY_IDENTIFIER.

What's the difference between X509_KEY_IDENTIFIER and SKI_KEY_IDENTIFIER?

Could anyone enlighten me or point me to some reference? Many thanks.

Regards,
Xinjun