Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by pg <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 11:19:02 UTC

Problem faced in SOAP service: Illegal XML character: 0x7

Hi All,

We are facing a problem in SOAP services. If there are invalid XML
characters present in SOAP response, then we are receiving this below error:

error: Illegal XML character: 0x7
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException: Illegal XML
character: 0x7
	at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLReaderReader.read(XMLReaderReader.java:169)
	at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.yy_refill(PiccoloLexer.java:3474)

I know that we should remove the invalid XML characters in code itself, but
I was wondering if there is a way to achieve this in CXF-OutInterceptor that
is already there in our application.

Can anyone suggest appropriate approach to do this thing. I have followed
this below link, but was not able to get it working:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6915428/how-to-modify-the-raw-xml-message-of-an-outbound-cxf-request
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6915428/how-to-modify-the-raw-xml-message-of-an-outbound-cxf-request>

I was able to remove the invalid XML character, but in SOAP UI I still got
the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Puneet.

Re: Problem faced in SOAP service: Illegal XML character: 0x7

Posted by pg <da...@gmail.com>.
After looking for options, I have taken reference from below link, I got it
working:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/configuration_interceptor/
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/configuration_interceptor/>

Thanks for the time invested.

Re: Problem faced in SOAP service: Illegal XML character: 0x7

Posted by pg <da...@gmail.com>.
Or If we can set a property, which will remove invalid xml characters
internally, then that would also help!!