Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mikhail malamud <mi...@drexel.edu> on 2001/03/02 17:02:02 UTC

PostgreSQL

I am compiling PostgreSQL 7.0.3 to be used with the Tomcat 3.2.1 web
application. Does anyone have any success stories or nightmares about
postgresql and java connectivity. What drivers did you use and why?
Please share.

Thanks,

-mikhail

Re: PostgreSQL

Posted by Aaron Brashears <gi...@gila.org>.
I've had a great experience in general using postgresql 7. The jdbc
driver that comes with it can be compiled for either jdbc1 or jdbc2
depending on your needs. I've never had an issue with the driver, but
I haven't tried using the javax.sql interfaces yet.

The only thing you should be aware of is that postgresql.jar needs to
be in your classpath when starting tomcat.