Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2012/12/17 09:03:25 UTC

Using wiki.apache.org instead of barcamp.org for a BarCampApache page - thoughts?

Hi All

We're about to want to setup a wiki page for the pre-ApacheCon BarCamp
in Portland. In the past, we've normally used a page on barcamp.org for
the ApacheCon BarCamp, however we've increasingly had problems with
availability, difficulty of signing up to be able to edit (to help or to
sign up), problems with the pbwiki platform and the markup we wanted etc.

So, I was wondering about suggesting that we just use a page on
wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ for the barcamp (details, signup etc). It's
simple, we can allow anonymous edits for the duration to make signup
easy, it supports the markup we need, and we get change notifications.
We can put a stub page on barcamp.org to point to it, to help people
find it that way.

I know other barcamps have given up on the barcamp.org pbworks platform,
and gone with their own wikis, so it's not unprecedented. What do people
think though?

Nick

Re: Using wiki.apache.org instead of barcamp.org for a BarCampApache page - thoughts?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Sounds like the pro's heavily outweigh the cons
>
> +1

Wiki created: <http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApachePortland>

Now we just need some people to help populate it! (Details in the other
thread)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

--