Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Breight, Alan R (Al)" <br...@avaya.com> on 2007/06/12 18:34:45 UTC

'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist

I'm a new user to Maven; trying to use it to build ActiveMQ.

I get the error in the subject line.

I found MSITE-117, which is closed and mentions that there was a
discussion on the users list.

However, I have not been able to get the digest of the users list
messages.

If someone could help me get to those messages, or indicate how to get
around this issue, I would be much obliged.

Thanks

Al Breight

Re: 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Most likely, you are behind a web proxy firewall, and this is causing
your problems.

You will need to configure the web proxy in settings.xml before you
can proceed with Maven successfully. This is well documented on the
Maven website and in numerous emails to this list.

If you have already configured the web proxy or are reasonably
convinced this is not your problem, try "mvn -X site" (or package,
whatever the ActiveMQ directions say to run) and perhaps you can
figure out why it is breaking from the stack trace.

Wayne