Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/12/10 22:12:36 UTC

Getting a node with JXPath

I'm using the jxpath #{./title} within <jx:for> in jxtemplate, and it is
returning <title>Some text</title>, instead of just 'Some text'. How do
I cause it to just return the text content, and not the whole node?

Thanks,

Upayavira

Re: Getting a node with JXPath

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Marc Portier wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> I'm using the jxpath #{./title} within <jx:for> in jxtemplate, and it
>> is returning <title>Some text</title>, instead of just 'Some text'.
>> How do I cause it to just return the text content, and not the whole
>> node?
>>

> not working with: "./title/text()" ?

What I should say is that the XML that I'm using is coming out of
XIndice. ./title/text() gives me a null pointer exception:

at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3090)
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3285)
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.generate(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2842)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:557)

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Upayavira wrote:

> I'm using the jxpath #{./title} within <jx:for> in jxtemplate, and it is
> returning <title>Some text</title>, instead of just 'Some text'. How do
> I cause it to just return the text content, and not the whole node?

not working with: "./title/text()" ?

regards,
-marc=