Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Mohapatra, Sudhir (Nokia - IN/Gurgaon)" <su...@nokia.com> on 2017/03/23 05:30:37 UTC

Kafka queue full configuration

Hi,
We are trying to simulate the kafka queue full scenarios on kafka 0.10.0.
I have seen in earlier versions there is a configuration parameter "queue.buffering.max.messages" which can be set to simulate the queue full scenario.
But in the kafka 0.10.0 this parameter is not there.
https://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

Is this "queue.buffering.max.messages" config parameter has been changed in kafka 0.10.0 release?
Can you please let me know what is the new parameter name for the same functionality?

Regards,
Sudhir

Re: Kafka queue full configuration

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
looks like you are referring to scala producer configs.
https://kafka.apache.org/082/documentation.html#producerconfigs

scala producer is deprecated now. It will be removed in future. you can use
java producer
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#producerconfigs
buffering related are configs are buffer.memory, block.on.buffer.full

Posted by "Mohapatra, Sudhir (Nokia - IN/Gurgaon)" <su...@nokia.com>.
Can you please let me know what is the new parameter name for the same functionality to simulate the queue full scenario?

Regards,
Sudhir

Posted by "Mohapatra, Sudhir (Nokia - IN/Gurgaon)" <su...@nokia.com>.