Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Enrico DUrso <en...@everis.com> on 2017/02/14 14:17:26 UTC

HiveContext on Spark 1.6 Linkage Error:ClassCastException

Hello guys,
hope all of you are ok.
I am trying to use HiveContext on Spark 1.6, I am developing using Eclipse and I placed the hive-site.xml in the classPath, so doing I use the Hive instance running on my cluster instead
of creating a local metastore and a local warehouse.
So far so good, in this scenario select * and insert into query work ok, but the problem arise when trying to drop table and/or create new ones.
Provided that is not a permission problem, my issue is:
ClassCastException: attempting to cast jar file://.../com/sun/jersey/jersey-core/1.9/jersey-core-1.9.jar!javax/ws/rs/ext/RunTimeDelegate.class<file:///\\...\com\sun\jersey\jersey-core\1.9\jersey-core-1.9.jar!javax\ws\rs\ext\RunTimeDelegate.class> to jar cast jar file://.../com/sun/jersey/jersey-core/1.9/jersey-core-1.9.jar!javax/ws/rs/ext/RunTimeDelegate.class<file:///\\...\com\sun\jersey\jersey-core\1.9\jersey-core-1.9.jar!javax\ws\rs\ext\RunTimeDelegate.class>.

As you can see, it is attempting to cast the same jar, and it throws the exception, I think because the same jar has been loaded before from a different classloader, in fact one is loaded by
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.client.IsolatedClientLoader and the other one by sun.misc.Launcher.$AppClassLoader.

Any suggestion to fix this issue? The same happens when building the jar and running it with spark-submit (yarn RM).

Cheers,

best

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING.
This message and the information contained in or attached to it are private and confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. everis informs to whom it may receive it in error that it contains privileged information and its use, copy, reproduction or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute any portion of this E-mail.