Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2017/06/30 12:46:52 UTC

GSoC Project Progress - Distributed Configuration Management for OODT

Hi All,

As per the GSoC timeline, today marks the end of 1st evaluation of GSoC
project. Therefore I would like to enlighten you on the project progress as
well.

I have come up with a design to publish and retrieve configuration to/from
zookeeper and I have explained the key idea in detail in this [1]
confluence wiki page. Also you can find my project proposal at [2]. I have
currently implemented the basic functionalities to publish and retrieve
configuration and is available in my OODT fork [3].

Within the remaining period of GSoC, I hope to implement a CLI to publish
configuration, implement dynamic configuration change detection and
updating and implement more unit tests to support the implementation.

I would like to thank my mentor, Tom Barber for the valuable ideas and
feedback provided without which I wouldn't be able to come this far. Also,
thanks to all developers who helped with my queries in the mailing list so
far.

Please kindly suggest any improvements need to be done from the design
perspective or the implementation perspective if I have missed any.

Thank you!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Rework+OODT+configuration+to+make+use+of+Zookeeper+for+distributed+configuration+management
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Proposal
[3] https://github.com/IMS94/oodt

Kind Regards,
*Imesha Sudasingha*
Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>