Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Markus Mayer <my...@gmx.at> on 2006/04/04 18:04:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Meaning of "exec failed. errno=2."

Hi All,

Lately I've been getting the error "exec failed. errno=2." in my general error
log.  I've searched for information but have only found some information that
I'm not sure is correct or relevant.  The message comes maybe becuause
someone is trying to execute a cgi using something like
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/example.cgi" --> or similar, but I cant find anything
concrete and so far have found no pages where something like this exists.
The log entry also fails to give any kind of useful information as to where
it happened or what caused it, so I'm kind of at a loss to find out what is
really happening.  The only thing that I found in the source was in the file
suexec.c on line 617 which logs an error but itself seems to not know what
the error was.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can track the source of this
problem down?

greetings from Austria
Markus