Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/03/04 09:15:35 UTC

Interested in writing OpenEJB articles or speaking about OpenEJB?

Just as a general FYI, if anyone is interested in speaking or writing
articles about OpenEJB I am more than happy to help you out in any way
I can.

Happy to review slides/text, help you get examples running, give you
ideas on what to write or speak about, show you some advanced
features, even give you some phone time.  I may even be able to help
you find a publisher if you need it.

A few topic ideas might be:
   - learning ejb 3.0 with OpenEJB; maybe show off the validation
functionality and how it can be used to learn ejb and speed up
development
   - advanced ejb dependency injection; show off the ability to extend
injection beyond the spec supported types
   - java ee with tomcat; show how to beef up your servlets with
better dependency injection, jms, jpa, transactions, jax-ws, etc.
doesn't even have to use ejbs.
   - unit testing ejbs; show anything from basic testing to detailed
configuration, testing transactions, testing security
   - unit testing GlassFish apps; yes, we support their descriptors
and can unit test their ejbs just fine.
   - host ejbs from your app; show how to embed OpenEJB to make your
application capable of supporting ejbs and even remote ejb clients
   - debugging ejbs in your IDE with no plugins; show how when using
openejb to test your apps you can use standard debugging with no
plugins or remote servers.

If you're a member or leader of a Java User Group, feel free to
forward this offer out to your list.

You're welcome to email me directly or via the OpenEJB lists.

-David

Re: Interested in writing OpenEJB articles or speaking about OpenEJB?

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
I hope I can do all of this, I will start to look at these at the end
of March :) .

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Interested in writing OpenEJB articles or speaking about OpenEJB?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi David...

  I have a couple of ideas about that:

[...]

What do u think ???

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Interested in writing OpenEJB articles or speaking about OpenEJB?

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sure

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: Interested in writing OpenEJB articles or speaking about OpenEJB?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
David,

I am interested in preparing a doc on the following:

  - unit testing ejbs; show anything from basic testing to detailed
configuration, testing transactions, testing security
  - unit testing GlassFish apps; yes, we support their descriptors
and can unit test their ejbs just fine.
  - host ejbs from your app; show how to embed OpenEJB to make your
application capable of supporting ejbs and even remote ejb clients
  - debugging ejbs in your IDE with no plugins; show how when using
openejb to test your apps you can use standard debugging with no
plugins or remote servers.

My objective is that when I show a demo of OpenEJB, I should be able to

--
Karan Singh Malhi