Posted to general@james.apache.org by Saba Amiri <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/20 17:53:50 UTC

Database?

Dear Sir
 I have a project which requires a mail application that stores message's
information(body, sender,date,time,etc) into a database which can be
accessed from an outsider application(I want to send new mails' subjects via
sms). Is james capable of this? if no, is there any other mail
application(or server) which stores messages into a database(not an asci
file like common applications)?
 Regards
 Saba Amiri

Re: Database?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> Dear Sir
>  I have a project which requires a mail application that
> stores message's information(body, sender,date,time,etc) into
> a database which can be accessed from an outsider
> application(I want to send new mails' subjects via sms). Is
> james capable of this? if no, is there any other mail
> application(or server) which stores messages into a
> database(not an asci file like common applications)?
>  Regards
>  Saba Amiri

Yes, James does save messages in database tables if you use db repositories.
If you like the structure provided by james you've finished, otherwise you
will have to write your own MailRepository implementation (look at the
JDBCMailRepository)

Stefano