Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by PÉNET LUDOVIC <l....@senat.fr> on 2014/11/25 11:34:55 UTC

Stock Tomcat 7.0.54 vs JBoss EWS 2.0

Dear all,

I am a bit puzzled in my attemps to get a very simple example app to run
on an openshift gear using the JBoss EWS 2.0 cartridge.

As far as I understand, this cartridge is equivalent to Tomcat 7.
When I look in the lib directory in my "gear" (openshift name for a VM), I
can find Tomcat 7.0.54 jars.

The attached example works just as expected on a stock 7.0.54 tomcat. I
just download the tar.gz from apache site, uncompress it and starts the
webapp.

With JBoss EWS, I got not error messages, but it seems that no beans or
context exists.

In my welcome file, accueil.xhtml, I put the following tests :

    <h:body>
        <h:form>
                <!-- ok -->
                <h:outputText value="Hello JSF World !"/>

                <!-- ok -->
                <h:outputText value="#{'test3'}"/>

                <!-- ko -->
                <h:outputText
value="#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}"/>

                <!-- ko -->
                <h:outputText value="#{testBean.test1}"/>

                <!-- ko -->
                <h:outputText value="#{testBean.uneMethode('Test2')}"/>
        </h:form>
    </h:body>

TestBean is just dead simple :

@Named
@SessionScoped
public class TestBean implements Serializable {
    @Getter
    private String test1 = "Test1";

    public String uneMethode(String test) {
        return "Une Methode : " + test;
    }
}

I started with a @ViewAccessScoped bean, but tried a @SessionScoped one
just to be sure there was nothing wrong with DS.

I also tried to use Weld instead of OWB as I read of problems with VFS
(but they seemed to be with 1.1.x versions and AFAIK should be fixed in
1.2.x).

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong ? Of a way to investigate ?

It does not seem to be an EL problem, nor a bean only problem as even
facesContext is not defined...

Thanks in advance !

Ludovic