Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John Michael <jo...@acadiacom.net> on 2002/11/29 08:50:33 UTC

Apache perl question. May be off topic.

Sorry if this is off topic.  I am attempting to take a perl script I already have written to do something before attempting to port it to modperl.

I have used this method to pass request to certain files to be redirected to a perl script to produce dynamic content.  However, sometimes I would just like to pass it back to apache.  I know that this will be possible with modperl by returning DECLINED.
<Directory "/home/usr1/digital/html/protected">

AddHandler RTS-protected-htm htm

Action RTS-protected-htm /cgi-bin/content_manager/handler.pl

</Directory>

My question:  Is it possible to do this with perl.  I want to be able to pass some request for static documents that should end in .htm back to apache and let apache send them out throuhg the normal channels.

Thanks

John michael