Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Michael Michael <mi...@cs.stanford.edu> on 2013/03/27 15:28:05 UTC

classifier for non-linear relationships

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and mahout (I apologize for the newbieness of my
questions if they have been answered in the past) and I was wondering if
there are any implementations out there of a classifier that can handle
highly non-linear relationships and provide a binary output. Currently, we
are using the kernel-adatron algorithm in the neurosolutions commercial
package and it works very well for us. Neurosolutions was fast to train and
provided better results than anything else that we tested and had
exceptionally high training and recall speed.  However, the license is very
expensive if you want to scale to 10's of computers operating simultaneously
for a few minutes a day for recall.

Are there any other implementations out there that can help us out? I
appreciate any pointers of help in advance.

Cheers,

m2TM

Re: classifier for non-linear relationships

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Some of each.

There is now some momentum for moving the random forest implementation
forward a bit.

But the real problem is that to really develop a solution for this takes
quite a bit of effort.  Supporting it takes more.

If you have a partial or full solution to the resource issue, that would be
of great interest.

Posted by Ray <rt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
SkyTree comes to mind.