Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Vincent Tence <vt...@videotron.ca> on 2004/02/14 15:47:03 UTC

Account setup help

Hi guys,

My apache account has been activated. I have uploaded my ssh keys and I
ran the svnpassword command. I plan to import some of the Janus stuff
this weekend to get accustomed with SVN. What is required next to access
the svn repo? I remember something about a list of authorized people.

Also I read somewhere that to subscribe to some of the apache mailings
list I need to use my apache mail account. I am not sure about how to do
that. I found some directions here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

on the Mail Questions section but would like to confirm with you first.
For what do yo usually use the apache mail account?

Thanks for your time,
- Vincent

RE: Account setup help

Posted by Jeff Machols <jm...@comcast.net>.
Vincent,

You apache mail account should be setup to forward to your primary e-mail
account.  You can verify this by checking the .forward file in the home
directory of your apache account.

Here is some information about subversion

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/svn.html

Let me know if you have any more questions

- Jeff

RE: Account setup help

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> What is required next to access the svn repo?
> I remember something about a list of authorized people.

You are already authorized.  That was taken care of when the account was
created.  You just need to access
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directory/.

> Also I read somewhere that to subscribe to some of the apache mailings
> list I need to use my apache mail account.

Not AFAIK.  What had you read?  I almost never use mine.  However, your
.forward file was setup when your account was created, so you can use your
@apache address if you wish.  And it will automatically be used in a few
cases.

> For what do yo usually use the apache mail account?

Personally?  Almost nothing.  Your @apache address will automatically be
used by the source control system when posting commit notices, so the
moderator needs to make sure to allow your @apache address if you aren't
subscribed using it.

	--- Noel