Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2004/11/22 16:28:14 UTC

[ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Zwijnaarde(*), Belgium, Oct 19th 2004

Daisy 1.1 released

Outerthought is proud to announce the second release of Daisy, the Open
Source CMS framework, shipping with a Wiki-on-steroids-like Cocoon CMS
web application.

Only a month after its initial release during the Cocoon GetTogether,
Daisy 1.1 is released, squashing outstanding bugs and adding several
key new features:

* pervasive internationalisation (i18n), and language translation
bundles for English, Dutch, French, German, Polish and Russian
* document deletion and archival (versioning was already available in
1.0)
* separate ACL permission of document draft/publish status
* subscribe to individual documents (change notifications)
* easier role/login switching
* documenttype- and query-specific styling
* guestbook sample showing integration of Cocoon-based applications
with the Daisy Wiki

... and then some more: http://new.cocoondev.org/daisy/13/107

Daisy is licensed using the Apache License 2.0, and is available from
http://cocoondev.org/daisy/

Enjoy!

The Outerthought gang

(1) http://outerthought.net/~stevenn/zwijnaarde.wav
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Posted by Nicolas Maisonneuve <n....@gmail.com>.
ha... thanks steven for this link (that finally answer to my original
question ;-) )
nicolas

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Posted by Nicolas Maisonneuve <n....@gmail.com>.
but it's normal that people try to compare the different features of
CMS, there are plenty of CMS projects (somewhat 100 in the
http://cmsmatrix.org/matrix) ..   install and try all the CMS is not
feasible. first  we must be able to filter quickly some CMS that
aren't available for our projet, and a comparaison of feature is a
good way.

for me , i hate compare 100 similar products because the developpers
doesn't answer correctly to this questions before developp another
CMS:

1-" Are the features that i want  already available in  existing projects ?",
2- "if no, can I extend a existing project to ?"
3-," if no, ok we must create another projet ..?"

Is it normal that the wheel is reinvented 100 times ?  the answer is
clearly no .

So, what is the advantages of Daisy with respect to others (unless to
Lenya) ? (in the cmsmatrix.org/matrix lenya has more feature than
daisy , so why recreate another CMS ? )
(Not answering clearly to this question, means for me a no serious project)

nicolas maisonneuve

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 24 Nov 2004, at 21:22, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

<snip/>

I don't mind continuing this conversation, but I'm not sure whether
this list is the place where it should happen - do you?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/Comparisons
>
> Heh. I hate product comparisons with a passion

The Lenya community is offering that page for all sides. I would really like to
see a comparison written by a Daisy developer or supporter. I am sure you are
well aware of weak points of Lenya and strong points of Daisy and I would be
very interested in them. That would potentially help in collaborating between
both projects.

> I think people should go
> through the burden of installing one system on Day 1, another system on
> Day 2, and use Day 3 to decide what project fits best with their
> requirements. If you can't bare spending two days doing a proper
> assessment of systems against your needs, no way you need to opt for an
> open source CMS.

Sorry, but there are many other interesting Open Source CMS systems as well. It
would take *months* to install and assess all of them. Comparisons can help to
select the candidates for the time final assessments.

Your approach also automatically favors systems which do not take a long time to
install - even if their other (and often more important) features are not as
good compared to the other candidates.

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release