Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1997/11/11 15:52:04 UTC

Freeing free block

Hi,

I'm using a 1.3b3-dev (10th nov.) and sometimes see
a couple of "Ouch!  Freeing free block" in the error log along with
some "child process 27936 still did not exit, sending a SIGKILL"
when restarting via HUP. It only happens when there are active
connections...

Anyone seeing this too? (I tested on Solaris 2.4)

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht      - "Keep computers away from windows"
sfx@unix-ag.org        (Garfinkel/Spafford: Practical Unix & Internet Security)

Re: Freeing free block

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Dean Gaudet:

>  Can you run with -DALLOC_DEBUG (and -g)?  It should catch the problem for
>  this earlier and generate a core file ... -DALLOC_DEBUG will chew up some
>  extra CPU time, it sets all allocated bytes to 0xa5, and compares them
>  again later when it's ready to use them again.

I tested it, but with a new checkout 1.3b3-dev and wasn't able to reproduce
it again... *shrug* either it was magically fixed or my machine was just
in a bad mood when I previously tested it.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                         - There's always one more bug.
sfx@unix-ag.org

Re: Freeing free block

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Can you run with -DALLOC_DEBUG (and -g)?  It should catch the problem for
this earlier and generate a core file ... -DALLOC_DEBUG will chew up some
extra CPU time, it sets all allocated bytes to 0xa5, and compares them
again later when it's ready to use them again.

Dean