Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2008/12/31 22:35:44 UTC

Looking for a volunteer for MX Backup service test

Looking few a few domains to test and automated MX backup service with
some spam filtering. What you do is this. Add these two MX records as
your two highest MX records.

mail.example.com 10
mxbackup1.junkemailfilter.com 20
mxbackup2.junkemailfilter.com 30

And in theory it will just work. If it doesn't I'll fix it really quick.
What you get is free MX backup and some spam filtering. You should see a
significant drop in botnet spam.

What I get is more data for my blacklists and in theory if this works
like I hope when people notice the drop in spam they might want to
subscribe to my spam filtering services. But for now I'm experimenting
with the concept. The servers should automatically detect and set itself
up so you can configure this without me knowing you did it. But - I'd
like to have some feedback. I prefer volunteers who get a LOT of spam.
Contact me privately if interested.