Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Alexander Vos de Wael <l....@student.utwente.nl> on 2002/01/16 15:00:01 UTC

general/8536: Installation Error

The following reply was made to PR general/8536; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Alexander Vos de Wael" <l....@student.utwente.nl>
To: Cc: <ap...@Apache.Org>
Subject: general/8536: Installation Error
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:59:56 +0100

 > When i try to install apache server with MSI installer, i get the error
 message :
 > "Internal Error 2889. LicenseAgreement, Memo".

 The same error occured at my computer (Win98SE). The cause turned out to be
 the an infection by the infamous Nimda virus. The virus, besides from other
 effects, messes up some windows installer files. Note the error is caused by
 the corrupt Windows Installer (the program that handles the installation of
 some programs, like Apache), not Apache software.

 Reinstalling Windows fixed the problem, although a less drastic solution
 would be welcome.

 Alexander