Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by D Dasaradha Rami Reddy <rd...@mobileiron.com> on 2018/01/22 13:27:23 UTC

Authentication for Solr 6.4.2 , when deployed as WAR in tomcat

Hi All,

We have solr 6.4.2 currently deployed as war in tomcat. It doesn't have authentication now. I want to setup the authentication for solr. When it deployed as war in tomcat, The process specified in below page is not working, Even after adding security.json in solr home directory, curl request of authentication says it’s not configured.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#AuthenticationandAuthorizationPlugins-EnablePluginswithsecurity.json

Did anyone did this before? If so, please guide me.

Thanks

Rami Reddy

Re: Authentication for Solr 6.4.2 , when deployed as WAR in tomcat

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/22/2018 6:27 AM, D Dasaradha Rami Reddy wrote:
> We have solr 6.4.2 currently deployed as war in tomcat. It doesn't have authentication now. I want to setup the authentication for solr. When it deployed as war in tomcat, The process specified in below page is not working, Even after adding security.json in solr home directory, curl request of authentication says it’s not configured.
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#AuthenticationandAuthorizationPlugins-EnablePluginswithsecurity.json
>
> Did anyone did this before? If so, please guide me.

This isn't working because a minimum version of 6.5.0 is required to
support security.json in standalone mode.  Prior to that version, it
only worked in SolrCloud mode -- security.json was read from ZooKeeper.

You should also know that by running in Tomcat, you're running an
unsupported configuration.  Solr hasn't shipped with a war file since
version 5.3.0, and the "war" build target didn't exist in 6.4.2, so I'm
curious how you could have a war file at all.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

Thanks,
Shawn