Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/01/19 09:41:03 UTC

snprintf and release schedule

We need a couple of people to do an in-depth review of my buffer overflow
fixes.  Until that happens, we can't start preparations for the next beta
which, according to one of our schedules that I am hoping to stick to,
should be going out on Tuesday or so.  No, it isn't fun work reviewing
such boring changes but someone has to do it.

If people agree with my last comments on the lingering close stuff, I
think those changes (ie. rip out all lingering close stuff, add a
shutdown() before close() in child_main) should also go in the next beta.

Re: snprintf and release schedule

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> We need a couple of people to do an in-depth review of my buffer overflow
> fixes.

It was far from being in-depth, but I just looked at each change for
deliberate mistakes and found none.

Re: snprintf and release schedule

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> If people agree with my last comments on the lingering close stuff, I
> think those changes (ie. rip out all lingering close stuff, add a
> shutdown() before close() in child_main) should also go in the next beta.

+1 to ripping out lingering close.  I don't understand the need to do a
shutdown however.

Dean