Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2010/11/25 17:48:12 UTC

Migrating activemq JIRA contents to https://issues.apache.org/jira

Hi,

This weekend I would like to migrate the contents of
https://issues.apache.org/activemq to https://issues.apache.org/jira.
When ActiveMQ moved to Apache in 2006 it wasn't possible to merge
JIRAs, so ActiveMQ's JIRA (like Struts, Cayenne, Ofbiz and Roller) had
to live separately. A separate JIRA has always been rather
non-optimal, as users need a separate (but identically named) account
and get confused between systems, and it adds to the system
administration burden. Since 2006 JIRA's capabilities have improved
and we've worked out a process. ActiveMQ is the last separate JIRA to
be merged.

Some notes on the proposed merge:
 - All old URLs will be preserved by httpd 301 redirects, including
links to saved searches. Clients that do not automatically follow 301
redirects (RSS readers?) may need updating.
 - All user accounts that have seen any activity will be copied across.
 - If you have accounts on both systems with identical email address
but non-matching usernames (eg. 'jsmith' on /activemq JIRA,
'john.smith' on /jira JIRA), your /activemq content will be owned by
your /jira username. If this happens to your account you will receive
an email notifying you of the account merge.
- All project configuration *should* be functionally identical (but
using roles instead of groups for permissions). Users are members of
the same groups. Members of 'jira-administrators' are now in
'activemq-administrators' which is granted administration permissions
on activemq/servicemix projects.

I'd like to start the migration around 27 Nov, 02h00 GMT
(http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=27&month=11&year=2010&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=240).
The migration is likely to take 2-5 hours during which the ActiveMQ
JIRA will be available but read-only.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions.

Regards,
Jeff
Apache Infrastructure Team

Re: Migrating activemq JIRA contents to https://issues.apache.org/jira

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff

I can see Apache Camel has been migrated

However my username (davsclaus) on this project hasn't committer role.
For example I cannot assign tickets, resolve tickets, manage the
project add new versions, components etc.

I assume this is the same problem for some of the other committers on
Apache Camel.

The following is committers (we have more, but those are the ones I
could easily spot)
- James Strachan
- Ashwin Karpe
- Christian Mueller
- Christian Schneider
- Claus Ibsen
- Gert Vanthiensen
- Hadrian Zbarcea
- Jonathan Anstey
- Martin Krasser
- Stan Lewis
- Willem Jiang

Those people need to roles of a committer on the Apache Camel JIRA

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Migrating activemq JIRA contents to https://issues.apache.org/jira

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
Just a minor thing i've noticed: wiki markup is disabled in the new Jira
project. The old ActiveMQ Jira instance allowed users to embed wiki markup
in issues descriptions and comments. Is this intentional?