Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Josh Chappelle <jc...@4redi.com> on 2010/03/23 20:14:00 UTC

RequestCycle infinite loop

Hi,

I have a BasePanel that has an html table in it. The subpanels all fill in
the table rows. When I try to view the page I get the following error
message:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Request processing executed 100 steps,
which means it is probably in an infinite loop.
        org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1423)
        org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:479)

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterI
nternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestF
ilter.java:76)

I found the problem. There were two fields with the same component id in the
html and in the code. It seems like this has happened to me before and the
error message was more informative. However, maybe the markup inheritance
caused it to not throw the same error message.

This is just an FYI for everyone.

Thanks,

Josh