Posted to users@maven.apache.org by KC Baltz <KC...@Copart.Com> on 2006/09/13 06:33:04 UTC

[m2] Need help using new plugin (qalab)

I'm trying to use a new plugin, qalab, which gives us metrics from build to
build.  I've got it working on my local box, but I can't seem to get it
working on the build machine.

I get the following error when I try to call 'mvn qalab:merge'  on the build
box.

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-qalab-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]

The thing is, the plugin's correct name is net.objectlab.maven-qalab.plugin.
I'm not sure where "org.apache.maven.plugins" comes from.
I've noticed the repository for the fialing build ends up with a
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-qalab-plugin directory with a file called
maven-metadata-central.xml
that contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
  <artifactId>maven-qalab-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>LATEST</version>
</metadata>

Things I've tried so far:
1) Changing the user.home variable to point to a fresh directory to force it
to redownload a new repository.
2) Building using my personal account on the build machine (the build runs
as root).  I can't replicate the problem.

Any thoughts?

Re: [m2] Need help using new plugin (qalab)

Posted by KC Baltz <KC...@Copart.Com>.
Thanks, that helped.

I notice that you have the checkstyle merge goal changed to the pre-site
phase.  How do you ensure that checkstyle has run at that point.  I have a
bootstrapping issue when I use that setting where qalab can't find the
checkstyle results file.  I changed mine to post-site.

Re: [m2] Need help using new plugin (qalab)

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@Planet.nl>.
I don't know if it helps you with your problem, but I will post my Qalab
configuration from my POM. Maybe you can compare it and see what the
problem might be:

<build>
	<plugins>
		<plugin>
			<groupId>net.objectlab</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-qalab-plugin</artifactId>
			<version>2.1</version>
			<executions>
				<execution>
					<id>checkstyle-merge</id>
					<phase>pre-site</phase>
					<goals>
						<goal>merge</goal>
					</goals>
					<configuration>
						<handler>
							net.objectlab.qalab.parser.CheckstyleStatMerge
						</handler>
						<inputFile>
							${project.build.directory}/checkstyle/checkstyle-result.xml
						</inputFile>
					</configuration>
				</execution>
				<!-- 					<execution>
					<id>findbugs-merge</id>
					<phase>verify</phase>
					<goals>
					<goal>merge</goal>
					</goals>
					<configuration>
					<handler>net.objectlab.qalab.parser.FindBugsStatMerge</handler>
					<inputFile>${project.build.directory}/findbugs.xml</inputFile>
					</configuration>
					</execution>-->
				<execution>
					<id>pmd-merge</id>
					<phase>pre-site</phase>
					<goals>
						<goal>merge</goal>
					</goals>
					<configuration>
						<handler>
							net.objectlab.qalab.parser.PMDStatMerge
						</handler>
						<inputFile>
							${project.build.directory}/pmd.xml
						</inputFile>
					</configuration>
				</execution>

				<execution>
					<id>qalab-movers</id>
					<phase>pre-site</phase>
					<goals>
						<goal>movers</goal>
					</goals>
					<configuration>
						<startTimeHoursOffset>
							480
						</startTimeHoursOffset>
					</configuration>
				</execution>
				<execution>
					<id>qalab-chart</id>
					<phase>pre-site</phase>
					<goals>
						<goal>chart</goal>
					</goals>
					<configuration>
						<summaryOnly>false</summaryOnly>
					</configuration>
				</execution>
			</executions>
			<configuration>
				<types>checkstyle,pmd</types>
				<systemProperties>
					<property>
						<name>qalab.merge.timestampdateonly</name>
						<value>yes</value>
					</property>
				</systemProperties>
			</configuration>
		</plugin>
	</plugins>
</build>

and:

<reporting>
	<plugins>
		<plugin>
			<groupId>net.objectlab</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-qalab-plugin</artifactId>
			<version>2.1</version>
			<reportSets>
				<reportSet>
					<reports>