Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com> on 2012/06/21 11:19:29 UTC

maven-plugin-plugin 3.0 report regression ?

Hi,

I migrated to the maven-plugin-plugin 3.0 and notice a change in the report for mojo property.

In the generated goal page for a mojo, before we had all the java property of a mojo, but now we have all the 'mojo' properties of a mojo.

for example with this mojo:

public class MyMojo extends AbstractMojo
{

    @Parameter( property = "mojo.property" )
    private String property;
}

We used to obtain in the goal report, something like this

property:
  expression: mojo.property

See example at [1]

but now we have

mojo.property:

See example at |2]

So we lost the java property style in goal, so no more hint to know how to configure the
mojo  (in the configuration section) of the plugin.

Is is normal?, if not tell me I will open a issue and submit a patch for it.

Thanks for replies,

tony.

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/update-file-header-mojo.html
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/SNAPSHOT/update-file-header-mojo.html

--
Tony Chemit

Re: maven-plugin-plugin 3.0 report regression ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/6/21 Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:10:43 +0200
> Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> > Is is normal?, if not tell me I will open a issue and submit a patch for it.
>> Not normal :-)
>> Yes please open an issue for that !! And patch welcome :-)
>
> At final, there is no bug at all :) The report was generated by the maven-plugin-plugin 2.9, but now using
> the version 3.0 to generate report, everything is fine.

Good !
I was near a heart attack :-)

> Sorry for the noise.
>
> ps: maven-plugin-plugin 3.0 rocks :)
>

> --
> Tony Chemit

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: maven-plugin-plugin 3.0 report regression ?

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.