Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Joachim Deelen <jo...@deelen.de> on 2003/06/04 19:11:08 UTC

Compile error in SchemaInfo.hpp

Hi again,

I'm still busy with porting Xerces-C V 2.2.0 to OS/2 and eComStation and currently setting up a compile-environment for VisualAge C++ 3.0. I've
done some "nice" Object-REXX Scripts, to setup and compile everything automatically.

But now I'm running into a compile error within the "SchemaInfo.hpp" file:

D:\Projekte\xml-xerces\c\src\xercesc\validators\schema\SchemaInfo.hpp(398:25) : error EDC3241: "SchemaInfo::addImportedNS(const int)
" was declared with external linkage and called or defined before being declared as inline.

The method "addImportedNS" is called in the method "addSchemaInfo" from the same source-file but exactly this is the problem!

The workaround is very simple, I can just add the inline specifier in the method declaration inside the class-body or I can move the whole code
for "addImportedNS" up, so that it's placed above "addShemaInfo". It's then declared inline, before it gets called.

But, since I have no write-permission to the CVS repository, I'm unable to do it. So I'm asking, if any of the commiters can do this change for
me? I think it shouldn't have any affect on other compile environments or the functionality of Xerces itself.

Many thanks
Joachim Deelen

Re: Compile error in SchemaInfo.hpp / Now errors in other files.

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	we are at 2.3 now. If you will provide a patch against the head of
cvs then I will take a look and commit it.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com

Re: Compile error in SchemaInfo.hpp / Now errors in other files.

Posted by Joachim Deelen <jo...@deelen.de>.
This is strange....

I think something is wrong with my CVS-Client ;-( Or with the man that uses it ;-)

Some files in some directory did not have the tag Xerces-C_2_2_0 instead they had 2_0_0 !!?? This was also true for SchemaInfo.hpp. Now I've updated to 2_2_0 and SchemaInfo.hpp compiled without any errors.

But no I have the same problem with the files:

validators\schema\SchemaAttDef.hpp(367:43) : error EDC3241: "SchemaAttDef::getValidationAttempted() const" was declared with external linkage and called or defined before being declared as inline.

validators\schema\SchemaAttDef.hpp(392:27) : error EDC3241: "SchemaAttDef::getTypeAnonymous() const" was declared with external linkage and called or defined before being declared as inline.

validators\schema\SchemaAttDef.hpp(401:27) : error EDC3241: "SchemaAttDef::getMemberTypeAnonymous() const" was declared with external linkage and called or defined before being declared as inline.

validators\schema\SchemaElementDecl.hpp(681:48) : error EDC3241: "SchemaElementDecl::getValidationAttempted() const" was declared with external linkage and called or defined before being declared as inline.

I've worked around these errors, by moving the corresponding memeber up within the source-code, so that they're placed above the first call.

But someone has to to it in CVS, because I have no write permission.

Many thanks
Joachim Deelen