Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/02 20:54:46 UTC

RE: How to map the jsp files in different folder with the ActionS ervlet!!

Hi,
but the problem is, when i include this jsp in other
pages it does not get the "signout.do" action, it has
no problem it forwarding the request but getting the
action mapping for this action

Ashish

"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd"><web-app>

> >   <!-- Standard Action Servlet Configuration (with
> > debugging) -->
> >   <servlet>
> >     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

> >     <init-param>
> >       <param-name>config</param-name>

> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >       <param-name>debug</param-name>
> >       <param-value>0</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >       <param-name>detail</param-name>
> >       <param-value>0</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >       <param-name>validate</param-name>
> >       <param-value>true</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >       <param-name>application</param-name>
> >
> > <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >       <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> >   </servlet>
> >
> >   <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->
> >   <servlet-mapping>
> >     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
> >     <url-pattern>/do/*</url-pattern><!-- here is
> > where you map your
> > action -->
> >   </servlet-mapping>
> >
> >   <!-- Welcome File List -->
> >   <welcome-file-list>
> >     <welcome-file>/jsp/index.jsp</welcome-file>
> >   </welcome-file-list>
> >
> >   <!-- Struts Tag Library Descriptors -->
> >   <!-- your tag libs here -->
> > ----------------- end -------------------------
> >

> > 10 lines from the bottom is where I map my actions
> > as /do/something, so my
> > url looks like
> > http://localhost:8080/appName/do/someAction -- you
> > can alter
> > it to work for you.
> >
> > Also, when you link (as in "a href") to an action,
> > do not use the /do,
> > instead just point to "someAction" -- i.e. <a
> > href="makePayment">Click here
> > to pay by credit card</a>

type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.SearchContactsAction"

=====
A$HI$H