Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com> on 2007/06/01 23:35:34 UTC

Trouble logging into secure site

I have recorded the login to a secure site with BadBoy and exported the
script to JMeter. I uncommented the following lines in the jmeter.properties
file:

ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol
javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

I am unable to login to the site. When I run the script with the log in
DEBUG I find the following error:

2007/06/01 14:01:54 ERROR - jmeter.util.SSLManager: Couldn't load keystore
java.lang.Exception: No key found
	at
org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore.load(DefaultKeyStore.java:68)
	at org.apache.jmeter.util.SSLManager.getKeyStore(SSLManager.java:154)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.util.JsseSSLManager.getContext(JsseSSLManager.java:141)
	at org.apache.jmeter.util.JsseSSLManager.<init>(JsseSSLManager.java:88)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.jmeter.util.SSLManager.getInstance(SSLManager.java:231)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:148)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:404)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:658)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:647)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

There are no other errors in the log.

I haven't had this problem with other secure sites, so I presume the
keyStorePassword for this site is not changeit. How do I configure the
properties for this site?

Thanks
Ron

RE: Trouble logging into secure site

Posted by Ron Miller <ro...@cobancorporation.com>.
My guess is that the server certificate is not recognized by Java; the
authentication is done through a third-party system called Webthourity.
I've sent a message to my client to send me the SSL certificate so that
I can import into my keystore. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I
will try the current SVN if that doesn't solve it.

Thanks,
Ron

> I have recorded the login to a secure site with BadBoy and exported
the
> script to JMeter. I uncommented the following lines in the
jmeter.properties
> file:
>
> ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
> ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol
> javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

Should not be necessary.

)
>        at
org.apache.jmeter.util.JsseSSLManager.<init>(JsseSSLManager.java:88)
>        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>        at
org.apache.jmeter.util.SSLManager.getInstance(SSLManager.java:231)
>        at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTP
Sampler.java:148)
>        at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:404)
>        at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:658)
>        at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:647)
>        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> There are no other errors in the log.
>
> I haven't had this problem with other secure sites, so I presume the
> keyStorePassword for this site is not changeit. How do I configure the
> properties for this site?

AFAIK, the keyStore is only needed for sites that need client
certificates.

I suspect the problem is that there is some problem with the server
certificate - either it uses an issuer that is not recognised by Java,
or perhaps the cert has expired.

Also the above error was sometimes produced erroneously by JMeter 2.2.

There current SVN contains lots of fixes in SSL handling.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.