Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by "Aparup Banerjee (apbanerj)" <ap...@cisco.com> on 2016/08/29 21:10:34 UTC

Getting the Beam Graph from a Pipeline

What’s the best way to get a list of transformations from a Pipeline? I am planning to build an UI on top of Beam pipelines. Looks like the right way is to attach a Visitor and populate the structure?

Thanks,
Aparup

Re: Getting the Beam Graph from a Pipeline

Posted by Thomas Groh <tg...@google.com>.
Yeah, using the PipelineVisitor interface and
Pipeline.traverseTopologically is the current way to access the elements of
the graph.

The ConsumerTrackingPipelineVisitor (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/blob/master/runners/direct-java/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/runners/direct/ConsumerTrackingPipelineVisitor.java)
is a visitor that constructs the forward edges of a pipeline.