Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by pi...@betasys.com on 2001/05/09 17:35:25 UTC

XML document header questions...

Hello everyone,

Just when I thought I was understanding the attributes of the document
root element, I run into something that confuses me...
I've pruned down my schema and xml files in order to narrow down the
validation problem and am getting the follwing errors from xerces 1.3.1
using "java sax.SAXCount -v acct.xml":

[Error] acct.xml:5:45: General Schema Error: Grammar with uri 2:
http://test , can not found.
[Error] acct.xml:5:45: Element type "transaction" must be declared.
[Error] acct.xml:7:8: Element type "acct" must be declared.
[Error] acct.xml:8:15: Element type "First_Name" must be declared.
[Error] acct.xml:9:14: Element type "Last_Name" must be declared.
acct.xml: 130 ms (4 elems, 3 attrs, 0 spaces, 15 chars)

If I remove xmlns="http://test" from the xml document, the first error
goes away, but the declaration errors still exist... It seems that the
validator is not even reading the schema, and my problem simply resizes in
the header of my XML file.

According to section 5.6
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmlschema-0-20010316/#schemaLocation>
of the schema primer, it looks like I'm doing the right thing.... So, what
part of the big picture am I missing here?

Thanks,
-Pete

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<transaction