Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by zmichael <mi...@atos.net> on 2017/06/15 09:15:26 UTC

PutElasticSearch5 error

Hi, I'm trying to use Apache Nifi 1.3.0 to fetch data from a postgres
database (and from file System also) and put them into ElasticSearch 5.2.2
(I've also try with elasticSearch 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 but the result is the
same). So this is my Nifi dataflow for database:

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16198/nifi_dataflow.png>

And this is the QueryDatabaseTable config:

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16198/nifi_config_1.png>

And the PutElasticSearch5 config is

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16198/nifi_config_2.png>

And the DBCPConnectionPool config

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16198/nifi_config_3.png>

So when i run each of the processor, everything work as expected on the
QueryDatabaseTable (The same on the GetFile processsor) but on my
elasticsearch instance i got this exception:
*org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperParsingException: failed to parse*
*Caused by: org.elasticsearch.common.compress.NotXContentException:
Compressor detection can only be called on some xcontent bytes or compressed
xcontent bytes
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.compress.CompressorFactory.compressor(CompressorFactory.java:57)
~[elasticsearch-5.2.2.jar:5.2.2]
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentHelper.createParser(XContentHelper.java:48)
~[elasticsearch-5.2.2.jar:5.2.2]
        at
org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseDocument(DocumentParser.java:62)
~[elasticsearch-5.2.2.jar:5.2.2]* as shown on this sreenshot

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16198/exception.png>

The same exception with ElasticSearch 5.0.0 and 5.0.1. Even when i try the
PutElasticSearch processor with ElasticSearch 2.4.0.

So am i missing something in my config? Or did i need to convert the
FlowFiles in a particular format (JSON for exemple) to get it worked with
ElasticSearch?
Please help me. :-)

Re: PutElasticSearch5 error

Posted by zmichael1 <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Chad and Matt,
I'm now able to use PutElasticSearch5 processor for indexing rows from
database since i've converted each record (avro format) to json first (using
convertAvroToJson processor) before performing the indexing task.
My flow look like:

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16233/general.png>

So any idea for how to do the same, but instead of pull data from database i
would like to pull them from filesystem.
So my idea is to pull files from a directory using the ListFile processor.
And after that, i want to be able to convert them into Json (or another
intermediate format) before indexing them using the PutElasticSerach5
processor.

Any idea ?

Re: PutElasticSearch5 error

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
In addition to Chad's comments, as of NiFi 1.3.0 there is also a
PutElasticsearchHttpRecord processor [1], which allows you to accept
records in any format (you just have to set up the appropriate reader,
such as an AvroReader in this case) and otherwise works like the
PutElasticsearchHttp processor. I see you are using PutElasticsearch
rather than PutElasticsearchHttp; if you have a large number of
records in a flow file (such as a single flow file coming from
QueryDatabaseTable, and you are using PutElasticsearch instead of
PutElasticsearchHttp for performance reasons, you may find that
PutElasticsearchHttpRecord outperforms even the native
PutElasticsearch processor.

Regards,
Matt

Posted by Chad Zobrisky <cz...@gmail.com>.