Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/07 20:25:14 UTC

locale sensitive help pages

When a user click Help link, a locale sensitive help page will pop up. If I use Resource Bundle, adding a property in existing messages.properties, the whole help page is just one property. However, the property name/value is for one line only.

name = value

The help page, like other HTML page, is a page, not a simple property value, having bullets, etc.

If I use separate HTML files for help, different files for differnt locales, I have to deal with
1. finding the HTML file according to current locale, display a <outputLink>.
2. fallback mechanism needs to be provided in case that the help file for current locale does not exist.

What is the right way to provide locale sensitive help pages? Thanks, Dave