Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Christian Cryder <ch...@granitepeaks.com> on 2003/06/12 21:04:21 UTC

Custom loggers

Hi folks,

Supposing I had a need to create and use a custom logger (ie. extending the
current logger), how would I go about doing that? Or is it a bad idea?

I know we did this at one point in the past (several years ago), but it was
kind of painful, and we were able to go away from it. But now we've got a
use for a custom logger again, and I guess I'm just wondering what the
standard approach should be?

I've looked in the docs but haven't seen anything (maybe I'm just missing
the obvious).

tia,
Christian
Christian Cryder
Internet Architect, ATMReports.com
Project Chair, BarracudaMVC - http://barracudamvc.org

RE: Custom loggers

Posted by Christian Cryder <ch...@granitepeaks.com>.
Hi Jake!

> Search the archives for discussions on custom loggers using wrappers vs
> inheritance.  Actually, this was just discussed rather recently.  The
> wrapper the recommended way to go.

Actually, I tried this and couldn't find the link to the archives on the web
page anywhere...can you point me in the direction?

Thanks,
Christian
Christian Cryder
Internet Architect, ATMReports.com
Project Chair, BarracudaMVC - http://barracudamvc.org
"Coffee? I could quit anytime, just not today"

Re: Custom loggers

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hi Christian,