Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by doktora v <do...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/11 22:01:13 UTC

Xalan-C EXSLT support

Has there been any interest in providing more support for EXSLT
functions in Xalan-C?

I'm interested in this issue and would like to gradually add more
functions. The ultimate goal being full support for EXSLT.

I was wondering if there is currently any interest or if this issue
has been tackled before? I couldn't find anything through the
archives. Is there any specific reason why this has not been done
before (other than the obvious)?

dr. k

Re: Xalan-C EXSLT support

Posted by doktora v <do...@gmail.com>.
Would this be the currently implemented set (grouped by EXSLT module):

EXLST common:
XalanEXSLTFunctionNodeSet
XalanEXSLTFunctionObjectType

EXSLT dates and times:
XalanEXSLTFunctionDateTime

EXSLT dynamic:
XalanEXSLTFunctionEvaluate

EXSLT math:
XalanEXSLTFunctionAbs
XalanEXSLTFunctionRandom
XalanEXSLTFunctionAcos
XalanEXSLTFunctionAsin
XalanEXSLTFunctionAtan
XalanEXSLTFunctionAtan2
XalanEXSLTFunctionConstant
XalanEXSLTFunctionCos
XalanEXSLTFunctionExp
XalanEXSLTFunctionHighest
XalanEXSLTFunctionLog
XalanEXSLTFunctionLowest
XalanEXSLTFunctionMax
XalanEXSLTFunctionMin
XalanEXSLTFunctionPower
XalanEXSLTFunctionSin
XalanEXSLTFunctionSqrt
XalanEXSLTFunctionTan

EXSLT sets:
XalanEXSLTFunctionDifference
XalanEXSLTFunctionDistinct
XalanEXSLTFunctionHasSameNode
XalanEXSLTFunctionIntersection
XalanEXSLTFunctionLeading
XalanEXSLTFunctionTrailing

EXSLT string:
XalanEXSLTFunctionAlign
XalanEXSLTFunctionConcat
XalanEXSLTFunctionPadding
XalanEXSLTFunctionEncodeURI
XalanEXSLTFunctionDecodeURI

I did a
cat XalanEXSLT*Impl.hpp | grep class | awk '{print $3}'
in
/xml-xalan/c/src/xalanc/XalanEXSLT/

I was thinking of starting with the dates and times.

dr. k

On 5/11/05, david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com <da...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you'd like to implement more EXSLT, that would be great.  I would
> divide things into extension functions and extension elements.  We cannot
> support extension elements right now, so extension functions would be the
> place to start.  It would probably be helpful if someone compiled a list
> of what's been implemented and what's missing.
>
> I have a plan to implement extension element support once we've released
> 1.10, so we might then be able to implement the extension elements of
> EXSLT.
>
> Dave
>
> doktora v <do...@gmail.com>
> 05/11/2005 01:01 PM
> Please respond to xalan-dev
>
>         To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
>         cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
>         Subject:        Xalan-C EXSLT support
>
> Has there been any interest in providing more support for EXSLT
> functions in Xalan-C?
>
> I'm interested in this issue and would like to gradually add more
> functions. The ultimate goal being full support for EXSLT.
>
> I was wondering if there is currently any interest or if this issue
> has been tackled before? I couldn't find anything through the
> archives. Is there any specific reason why this has not been done
> before (other than the obvious)?
>
> dr. k

Re: Xalan-C EXSLT support

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
Hi,

If you'd like to implement more EXSLT, that would be great.  I would
divide things into extension functions and extension elements.  We cannot
support extension elements right now, so extension functions would be the
place to start.  It would probably be helpful if someone compiled a list
of what's been implemented and what's missing.

I have a plan to implement extension element support once we've released
1.10, so we might then be able to implement the extension elements of
EXSLT.

Dave

doktora v <do...@gmail.com>
05/11/2005 01:01 PM
Please respond to xalan-dev

        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Xalan-C EXSLT support