Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jszjsmith <js...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/18 14:56:09 UTC

featuresBoot not installing jasypt-encryption

Hello, I'm trying to install jasypt-encryption automatically on startup of a
new 4.0.8 installation:

It installs fine manually:

But if I add it to featuresBoot in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg it does not
get installed on startup.
Am I misunderstanding how this works, I assumed it would install the feature
for me if it wasn't already there?

thanks,
John.

Re: featuresBoot not installing jasypt-encryption

Posted by jszjsmith <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply JB.

I have no idea what the problem was but I removed my install and started
afresh and its now working.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi John,

Correct, adding jasypt-encryption in featuresBoot of
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg installs the feature at startup.

I just tried on a fresh 4.0.8 instance, just adding jasypt-encryption
after the kar feature in the featuresBoot, and it works fine (I can see
the jasypt-encryption feature in feature:list -i after the boot).

Here's the content of my featuresBoot:

featuresBoot = \
     instance, \
     package, \
     log, \
     ssh, \
     aries-blueprint, \
     framework, \
     system, \
     feature, \
     shell, \
     management, \
     service, \
     jaas, \
     shell-compat, \
     deployer, \
     diagnostic, \
     wrap, \
     bundle, \
     config, \
     kar, \
     jasypt-encryption

Regards
JB

On 02/18/2017 03:56 PM, jszjsmith wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to install jasypt-encryption automatically on startup of a
> new 4.0.8 installation:
>
> It installs fine manually:
>

> But if I add it to featuresBoot in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg it does not
> get installed on startup.
> Am I misunderstanding how this works, I assumed it would install the feature
> for me if it wasn't already there?
>
> thanks,
> John.

Jean-Baptiste Onofr