Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Daryl Beattie <Da...@screamingmedia.com> on 2000/10/18 20:34:23 UTC

How do I stop Xerces from parsing once it has started?

For example, when I reach a certain element (or its end-element) and I want
to terminate parsing?

Re: How do I stop Xerces from parsing once it has started?

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Throw a SAXException in your implemenation of endElement() method, and wrap
your parser.parse(input) with a try - catch block.

_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org