Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Pablo Recabal <pa...@inzpiral.com> on 2016/06/16 15:31:38 UTC

Profile performance of a multilang (node.js) bolt

Hi,

I'm wondering how can I profile a node.js bolt inside storm... from the
node.js documentation <https://nodejs.org/en/docs/guides/simple-profiling/>,
I've found a method to use the built-in profiler by calling my app as:

NODE_ENV=production node --prof app.js

So I've tried passing the '--prof' flag in my mutilang bolt invocation from
the java bolt constructor with no success...

I'm also curious why is capacity always close to zero in Storm UI for
multilang bolts... is that expected behavior?

Thanks!
Pablo